Monday, February 9, 2009

A reason to blog

I have been looking for an inspiration or a reason to blog. I never knew what I would blog about, my kids - sure, work - maybe, life's frustrations - are they worth it, how often will I blog (not very) so many questions and no blog. Well today, I got a reason to blog. Here it goes;

This morning on my way into work, I came across a few of the usual morning frustrations, the biggest one being rude drivers. I was going through a green light on a road that goes from 6 lanes to 2 lanes at the stop light and a guy decided to make a right turn on a red light. So after slowing down from 40 to 15... and back up to 35 even though the speed limit is 40... I went about my business. I dropped Eli off at daycare and drove to my usual parking spot. Almost every morning I see a family walking to their daycare, which is by the hospital. They live down the road from in some apartments that need some TLC. (I don't work in the best neighborhood but it isn't the worst either.) They cut across the parking to get to their daycare, doesn't matter what the elements outside are. It is a huge parking lot and there a few different lots that they have to cut through. They have 4 kids total (usually 2 are in strollers) and they do have a car however it isn't in the best of conditions and does not always run. I always say good morning to them when I see them. Today it was just the dad and 3 of the kids and I said my usual "Good morning" and he replied "Good Morning" back. I asked him how he was doing and he said, "I am blessed, thank you and God Bless you." I could barely utter back "God Bless you too."
I was really moved by that encounter. In fact that moment set the tone for my day with some warm and fuzzies and I had forgotten all about my morning commute frustrations. I live in a nice house in a nice neighborhood and drive a nice vehicle, but that moment reminded me that it is the simple things in life that matter. Not what I do and don't have. People like that family are a real inspiration to me. They don't have the nicest things in life and still feel blessed. So with that, I conclude by saying, "I am blessed, thank you and God Bless you."

6 comments:

  1. this is so nice! i just got done reading a book full of quotes by mister rogers and i swear the man was a total genius. one of the things he talks about is being kind to everyone you meet because you never know how you will change their day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is very sweet Julie! I must say, I was moved. Thanks for sharing. I am so glad you started a blog! No matter how much or little you do write, it is great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice blog. As someone who has been blogging for two years, it took me one year just to get up to the point where I blog everyday. You're probably not ready for that kind of commitment but that's what it takes to keep readers coming back. I have about 20-30 regular readers so it's been fun, except when I piss someone off, but that's okay. If I didn't make someone mad, it would probably be a very boring blog. Take care and God Bless. Uncle Dan

    ReplyDelete
  4. By the way, I have three blogs. Two need some updates but one is always fresh.
    www.showbizphoto.net
    www.showbizphoto.com
    www.danstop10.com
    www.running4office.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you everyone for the support of my new blog and nice comments. It really felt good to write about it. I am definitely going to continue on my journey of blogging the good that I see. We all know there is enough bad in this world, which I try not to listen to but it is hard not to sometimes. Like today, there were like 6 Garland Police cars driving up and down the parking lots at the hospital this afternoon because they were in pursuit of a gentleman who had stolen a purse and was forging checks from what I understand... and he was in our parking lot, by where I park... Thankfully they caught him but I think we will see more and more of this until our economic times get better. I'm still counting my blessings. :) God bless you all.

    ReplyDelete